Keeping Safe at the Big Dog Walk
At The Big Dog Walk the health and well-being of all our humans and dogs are of utmost importance to us. This year we are taking some extraordinary measures in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and we know that all of you will join us in making sure we can have a fantastic series of walks in 2021. Please note the following which will help everybody stay safe and well.
- If necessary please follow the government’s Stay At Home Guidance. This applies to those individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 –
a new continuous cough,
a high temperature and
loss of taste/smell
- If you live in a household or are in a support bubble with someone who has symptoms, and those that have been advised to self-isolate as part of the government’s test and trace service or owing to a recent return (within 14 days) from a country that does not feature on the exempt countries and territories list.
- If you are isolating, you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will transfer your tickets to 2022.
- To ensure every human and dog can enjoy The Big Dog Walk we are spreading the entry times so that we can accommodate as many people as possible without ever having too many people at the event at one time.
- As part of the condition of entry we will need to take your details to assist with NHS Test and Trace. An NHS COVID-19 QR code will be available but there will be alternatives to this if you have not downloaded this app.
- We will be looking to ensure all humans stay 2m apart throughout their visit to The Big Dog Walk. That’s roughly just under 2 Great Danes standing nose to tail!!*
- Our queues to entry will be managed so there is a 2m separation distance between visitors. You are not required to, but do feel free to wear a mask should you choose.
- In today’s world we understand the need for human paws to be washed more thoroughly than ever before. We have positioned handwashing stations around the event and each individual exhibitor will be given their own handwashing alcohol rub as well.
- The number of toilets available to all humans has been increased.
- We have increased and enhanced our cleaning regime to ensure that toilets, seating areas and the general event is cleaned on a far more regular basis.
- Our food outlets are independently audited to ensure the highest quality of health and hygiene on site, and during the event they will be individually monitored by a food safety manager.
- Everyone one of our exhibitors will have completed a COVID-19 risk assessment for their participation at the event.
- Signage will be around the event to remind everybody what they can do to ensure we manage the risk of transmission.
- We know how exciting The Big Dog Walk can be for both humans and dogs, the team here get excited everyday whilst working on the event, and we will have a dedicated team on site whose role it will be to monitor the event and remind people about things like social distancing if all the excitement gets a little too much!!